Main Democratic State Candidates
Beto O’Rourke- Governor https://betoorourke.com/
Mike Collier-Lt Governor https://www.collierfortexas.com/
Rochelle Garza-Attorney General https://www.rochellegarzafortexas.com/
Janet Dudding- Comptroller https://www.janetdudding4texas.com/
Susan Hays- Agriculture Commissioner https://www.hays4ag.com/
Jay Kleberg- Public Lands Commissioner https://www.jay4tx.com/
Luke Warford- Railroad Commissioner https://lukewarford.com/
Rebecca Bell-Metereau- State Board of Education https://voterebecca.com/
Maclovio Perez-US Congress District 27 https://www.maclovio4congress.com/
Judith Zaffirini-State Senator District 21 https://judithzaffirini.com/
2022 Local Candidates
- Madi Eden-State Representative -https://www.edenfortexas.com/ Madeline Eden is a Texan, parent, inventor, entrepreneur, and candidate for Texas 17th State House District. Madi Eden has lived with her family in Bastrop County since 2005, where she’s been an active community organizer and vocal advocate for civil rights. She has over three decades of leadership experience from the Texas technology sector, and currently works as the Executive Director for COVAC, a Texas based non-profit organization that conducts emergency pandemic response activities. COVAC’s work on the frontline has helped to provide COVID-19 vaccination and testing services for thousands of Texans statewide. Eden is also known for her work with Register2Vote, which she co-founded in early 2018. The tools and technology she’s developed have helped to register millions of voters across the country.
- Fred H. Weber-Criminal District Attorney- Fred Weber, Caldwell County District Attorney, is seeking re-election for a 3rd term. He graduated from Luling High School and has a Bachelor’s Degree from Baylor University and Law Degree from the University of Texas. He has previously served as an Assistant County Attorney and Assistant District Attorney in Travis County, and was the First Assistant District Attorney in Hays County. His wife Shelly is the Director of Health Services for the Lockhart Independent School District, and their daughter Jenna just completed her sophomore year at the University of Texas at Austin. Weber enjoys collegiate sports, family vacations, and raising Hereford cattle.
- Barbara Molina- Judge Barbara L. Molina is the Court-at-Law Judge of Caldwell County, seeking re-election to a second term. Judge Molina is a life-long resident of Lockhart, received her Juris Doctorate from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 1989, and was admitted to the Texas State Bar in 1990. Judge Molina has over 32 years of legal experience as an attorney and judge. She is a member of the Texas Center for the Judiciary, County Courts At Law Association, Caldwell County Bar Association, past member of the American Bar Association, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and Family Section of the Texas State Bar. Judge Molina has served on the Board of Directors of the Lockhart Chamber of Commerce and the City of Lockhart’s Charter Review Commission, and is a Past-President of the Greater Caldwell County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Anna Prusaitis Ybarra-County Judge -https://www.annaforcountyjudge.com
- Anna Prusaitis Ybarra served as a First Sergeant in the US Army, honorably discharged after more than 25 years of service. She has lived in Caldwell County for 27 years, and continues to give back through volunteer work and civic service. She is a mother of three and grandmother to five grandchildren.
- Teresa Rodriguez-County Clerk -
- Dyral Thomas-County Commissioner - P4-https://www.facebook.com/people/Dyral-Coach-T-Thomas-for-Caldwell-County-Commissioner-Pct-4/100077603435043/?ref=py_c Dyral Thomas is a Lockhart native, raised by parents with strong faith and commitment to education and community, which laid a foundation for success for he and his siblings. Upon graduating from Lockhart HS, Thomas attended the University of Houston on a football scholarship, and led his team to win the 1976 Cotton Bowl. He is a former NFL Athlete, and a member of Phi Beta Sigma, Inc., where he mentored youth and served the Houston community. He is an 18-year veteran Firefighter/EMT/Paramedic with the Houston Fire Department, and a successful entrepreneur, but is most proud of his work coaching, mentoring, and influencing the youth of Caldwell County since his return in 1998. Having a vested interest in Caldwell County, and being deeply aware of the challenges faced by our youth and their families, Thomas is committed to supporting our quality of life and the future of our community as Commissioner for Precinct 4 of Caldwell County.
- Anita DeLeon -Justice of the Peace - P3
- Yvette Mireles -Justice of the Peace - P4 Yvette Mireles was born and raised in Lockhart. She has raised her children in our community, and is an advocate and receptionist for the Hays Caldwell Women’s Center. Mireles hopes to make a difference and give support to her community as Justice of the Peace for Precinct 4.
Election Day Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Last day to register to vote is October 11, 2022.
Last day to apply for a mail-in ballot- October 28
Early Voting- October 24-November 4
If you have any questions contact:
- CALDWELL COUNTY Elections Administrator
- Kimber Daniel, PHD.
- 1403 Blackjack St. Suite C, Lockhart 78644
- (512) 668-4347 FAX: (512) 398-1821
Mail-in Voter Registration forms can be found at the Lockhart, Luling, and Martindale libraries.
Moved since 2020?
If you are currently registered and have moved from another Texas County or within Caldwell County, you are eligible to update this information online.
Or go to VoteTexas.Gov and click on Voter Registration and the link to update your information will be on that page. You can also type in Texas Voter Name and Address Changes into the browser.
Or pick up a mail-in voter registration application at the Lockhart, Luling or Martindale libraries and mail it in. It must be postmarked on or before October 11.